Logo done by Afterlife Designs

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: In Dying Arms - "The Core Of My Existence" Single



Band: In Dying Arms
Release: "The Core Of My Existence" Single
Genre: Post-Hardcore/Metalcore
Label: Matchless Records

Tracklist:
1. The Core Of My Existence

Review: 8.1/10
In Dying Arms just released a brand new single entitled “The Core Of My Existence,” and it’s a lot different from their self titled album.

First and foremost, they switched vocalists. Instead of Toby, they now have Orion on vocals, and it’s better than before. The first impression on the track is that it’s a lot more of a cleaner, slightly more metalcore style than the deathcore infused album.

The chorus is more of a post-hardcore influence and has a lot of singing. The bridge after the first chorus is a good note, while going into a heavy yet atmospheric realm that is shown through the guitars, and the music really builds off of this bridge before then heading into a basic melodic hardcore breakdown. Not too heavy, not too soft, just basic meat and potatoes. Not really a bad thing though.

I like the growls and screaming much better, but I liked the old singing style used in the chorus’ on the self-titled to be honest. The music, however, is more experimental and seems to stretch out more into different music styles than the limitations that were shown in the album.

My main thing with this song is that I really feel Orion can sing more outward with his voice and that he’s really holding himself back. Other than that, this is a great song and I hope to see more of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment